We were asked to pick a social media site to focus on and then create a game plan on how to increase traffic to our blog from there.
I know several people who picked Facebook and Twitter for their social media site to focus on. I thought about choosing one of those, but then it occurred to me, why? Why would I do that when there are others out there that might work out better?
By now, you are wondering, which one did you pick? I choose Google+.
Why? Because, I wanna! Okay, but really there are a few great reasons to use Google+.
- Space isn’t temporary or limited to 140 characters. As a writer, I struggle with only writing 140 characters! (But it does help with really focusing on which words used and getting the meaning across with only a few words!) But I am a lover of words I hate not being able to use all the words I want causes me an internal struggle.
- It is immediately indexed by Google. This is a bit of a now brainier. In a world where so many people are struggling to get attention from others, it helps to get indexed by one of the giants without a lot of effort. It helps save time while you are focused on other things. 🙂
- No more friend request fatigue! Can I get an amen? Add follow back fatigue to that list as well! It’s so frustrating when you have people begging for follows, likes or requests and then they get mad if you don’t follow or you unfollow. This is when major reason why I like the circle idea! 🙂 Go ahead, check it out!
- HANGOUTS! Okay, for me this is a big one. For a few of you out there, you know that I want to create a writing group and host virtual write ins in the near future! So, for me, Google Hangout are a great idea. If you already have a Google login (who doesn’t?) you can join in or you don’t need a Google login to watch. (I’m still learning all about Hangouts!) On top of that, the hangout then becomes a YouTube video. What is not to love?
- It’s a popular social media site! Backed by Google, what’s not to love?
So, I have decided to take a three step process to increase my presence on Google+.
- I need to share my post on the site – seems pretty straight forward but some how my settings where set for only me to see things!
- I need to share with some communities on Google+ – there are so many communities out there! I think I really could find and connect with others in the communities, I just need to interact with them!
- I need to engage more on there. It’s a staple. To get love, you need to share some love! 🙂
Alright, what do you guys think? Do you think Google+ is the way to go? If you have a profile, connect with me here.
Until next time…